In 2013, the FHU TRANSLAD team designed a university degree programme in bioinformatics with specific focus on rare diseases, co-ordinated by bioinformatician Mr. Yannis DUFFOURD.
This degree programme, which has been enormously successful, has already provided training for more than 160 professionals (biologists, engineers, genetics residents, laboratory technicians) from all over France. (cf. Figure)
This training is structured on 5 modules :
- Module 1: Next-generation sequencing - Technologies and applications (theory)
- Module 2: Introduction to Linux and programming (practical)
- Module 3: High-throughput sequencing data analysis (practical)
- Module 4: Databases, in silico predictive tools and in-depth analyses (theory and practical)
- Module 5: High-throughput sequencing and diagnostics - Examples of applications, quality, results generation and ethical considerations (theory)